‘Listen with the intent to understand, not the intent to reply.’ Stephen Covey
What is coaching? Coaching is a series of conversations between a professionally trained coach and a client. The purpose is to help the client improve their experience of life, work and relationships. Often this is by supporting them to achieve their goals.
Is coaching for me? If you answer yes to any of the following, then coaching could be helpful
- Is there is a goal with which you have made no progress?
- Is there an area of your life where you feel mentally or emotionally stuck?
- Is there a gap between where you are now and where you would like to be?
- Do you feel ill equipped to prepare for an upcoming challenge?
- Do you often feel overwhelmed?
What coaching is not. Coaching is not giving advice. It is not Counselling or Psychotherapy. Coaching is not a passive experience. You get out what you put in.
How much does it cost? Professional fees for coaching vary depending on the level of qualifications, experience, delivery method (face to face, telephone, Skype) of the coach and what market they are in. Like many other professional services, coaches can operate across different markets e.g. health and wellbeing, corporate and team coaching. Pricing often reflects the market. Because coaching works over time, it is common for coaches to price ‘packages’ of support. My corporate prices are available to view through the ‘organisations‘ tab. My personal coaching prices are available through the ‘individuals‘ tab.